Page 340

32857 Parchem Technical Data Compendium 2015_Crop4emag.pdf

CONTENTS CONCRETE REPAIR CORROSION CONTROL GROUTS & ANCHORS PROTECTIVE COATINGS INDUSTRIAL FLOORING SURFACE TREATMENTS JOINT SEALANTS CONCRETE JOINTING ROOFING WATERSTOPS WATERPROOFING JOINT FILLERS TIMBER FLOORING ALPHABETICAL INDEX 328 Technical Data Fosroc® Nitoseal MB175 Sheet *formally Plastiseal Rubberised bitumen, mastic joint sealant compatible with bitumen based membranes Uses For sealing joints in retaining walls, roofing (sealing horizontal chases, flashings, gutterings and sheet laps), sealing terminations of bitumen based waterproofing membranes Advantages „ Firm, flexible weather resistant seal „ Excellent slump resistance „ Suitable for permanent immersion in water „ Compatible with asphalt or bituminous surfaces „ Resistant to alkalis and sulphates „ Easy to apply Description A flexible, gun applied sealant based on a combination of bitumen and synthetic rubber. Dries to form a rubbery seal with excellent slump resistance. Nitoseal MB175 has good resistance to biodegradation, and is suitable for sealing lap joints in gutters and drainage channels where ponded water may reside. Also suitable for general sealing or pointing work in roofing and flashing applications. Design Criteria Joint configuration Joints should be of a size to permit adequate application of Nitoseal MB175. Very narrow joints are difficult to seal effectively and for most applications 10 mm should be considered as minimum width. Maximum joint width should not exceed 40 mm. A minimum seal depth of 15mm should be maintained. Movement accommodation factor Joints should be designed so that total cyclic movement in tension or compression does not exceed 10% of the joint width at time of sealing. Total movement in shear should not exceed 20% of joint width at time of sealing. Properties Data quoted is typical for this product but does not constitute a specification. Form: Low slump semi stiff mastic compound Specific gravity: 1.4 Colour: Black Physical/chemical change: Dries by solvent release Drying time (solvent release): Minimum 2 weeks at 20°C, longer if lower temperature or sealant depth greater than 20 mm Application temperature: 5°C to 50°C Temperature range in service: Minus 20°C - 80°C Chemical resistance to occasional spillage: Dilute acids Dilute Alkalis Solvents Petrol/fuels Lubricants Resistant Resistant Not resistant Not resistant Not resistant Water immersion: Before permanent immersion in water, Nitoseal MB175 must be left for a minimum period of 14 days to permit full evaporation of its solvent content, dependent upon ambient conditions and depth of Nitoseal MB175 Movement accommodation factor (MAF): ± 5% for butt joints, 10% total ±10% for lap joints, 20% total Application Instructions Joint preparation Ensure joint surfaces are completely dry, clean and frost free. Joint backing must also be dry. Remove all dirt, dust, laitance and loose material by vigorous wire brushing. Remove all rust, scale and loose surface coatings from metal surfaces. Remove any oil or grease with Solvent 10. Where a neat joint finish is required, cover the joint face edges with masking tape before Nitoseal MB175 application and remove the masking tape immediately after the sealing work has been completed. Priming porous surfaces Non-moving joints normally do not require use of primer, however excessively porous surfaces or friable surfaces may need priming. Consult Parchem for advice. Priming non-porous surfaces Not normally required. Where necessary, metal surfaces should be cleaned using Solvent 10. Ferrous metals should July 2013


32857 Parchem Technical Data Compendium 2015_Crop4emag.pdf
To see the actual publication please follow the link above